My iPad keeps going back to home page

When I am in an app working my iPad will all the sudden go back to the home page. Sometimes it will even reboot.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 9:39 AM

Make sure the apps you are using are up to date: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

Make sure your iPad is on the latest software: Settings/ general/ software update.

Check that you have plenty of device storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

If you have plenty of storage and all your apps and your device are up to date then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app that kicks you back to the home page. Remove apps from iPad - Apple Support

Try simply restarting your iPad. Completely power if off then back on.

If you continue having issues you may need to reach out to Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 9:39 AM in response to kkcarey

Make sure the apps you are using are up to date: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

Make sure your iPad is on the latest software: Settings/ general/ software update.

Check that you have plenty of device storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

If you have plenty of storage and all your apps and your device are up to date then try uninstalling and reinstalling the app that kicks you back to the home page. Remove apps from iPad - Apple Support

Try simply restarting your iPad. Completely power if off then back on.

If you continue having issues you may need to reach out to Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support

Aug 14, 2023 1:27 PM in response to kkcarey

kkcarey wrote:

I’ve noticed it in my email, YouTube, Facebook, google etc so I’d say all of them. I will try deleting and reinstalling some to see if that helps any.

If your iPad storage is not nearly full, and if there are no add-on VPN apps around, then this misbehavior might be caused by a hardware problem, and which means a discussion with Apple Support.

My iPad keeps going back to home page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.