iPad is not allowing me to choose a backup

I got a new I pad and im setting it up. On part where it say “Choose Backup” it says no iCloud backups are compatible with the version of iOS (16.3.1) on this iPad. What do I need to do

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 10:30 AM

An existing backup can be restored to the same or later version of iOS/iPadOS from which the backup was created. Put another way, you cannot restore the backup to a device with an earlier version of iOS/iPadOS.

iPadOS 16.6 is current. Complete setup of your new iPad - and update to the most recent version of iPadOS. After update to iPadOS 16.6, you can attempt to restore your backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 10:30 AM in response to ceara276

An existing backup can be restored to the same or later version of iOS/iPadOS from which the backup was created. Put another way, you cannot restore the backup to a device with an earlier version of iOS/iPadOS.

iPadOS 16.6 is current. Complete setup of your new iPad - and update to the most recent version of iPadOS. After update to iPadOS 16.6, you can attempt to restore your backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

iPad is not allowing me to choose a backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.