MacBook Pro laptop screen goes black when fully opened.

My MacBook laptop 15inch screen goes black when I fully open. It has power and battery. I have heard the flexgate is common issue with Touch Bar MacBook Pro 2016 model. I have been told the screen is replaced with quotes of £700. Can anyone advise me if Apple know this is a fault and they replace free of charge as it’s not anything I have done to cause damage.

Any advice!!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 12:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 12:42 PM

Here are Apple's current service programs:Apple Service Programs - Apple Support

If your deice is not included in the programs, you are responsible for repair costs.

Programs come and go and there once being a "Flexgate" program that is no longer listed means the window to take advantage of it has closed.

https://www.techspot.com/news/80176-apple-launches-repair-program-macbook-pro-flexgate-defect.html

In part: "The program only covers laptops for four years after they were purchased, so those who bought their 2016 Pro when they first launched in October 2016, have a little over a year to make a claim"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 12:42 PM in response to DGB1982

Here are Apple's current service programs:Apple Service Programs - Apple Support

If your deice is not included in the programs, you are responsible for repair costs.

Programs come and go and there once being a "Flexgate" program that is no longer listed means the window to take advantage of it has closed.

https://www.techspot.com/news/80176-apple-launches-repair-program-macbook-pro-flexgate-defect.html

In part: "The program only covers laptops for four years after they were purchased, so those who bought their 2016 Pro when they first launched in October 2016, have a little over a year to make a claim"

MacBook Pro laptop screen goes black when fully opened.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.