Apple tv app nuisance on Apple tv

Apple TV app has hijacked the Apple TV completely and doesn’t let me use any other app freely. It opens by default and is too annoying. I am about to dump my Apple TV hardware in the bin and use smart tv directly unless someone has any solution to delete it. (I did get rid of it for a few days by trapping it in another folder but somehow it has learned to come out of it on its own)

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 12:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 5:11 AM

The Apple TV app is completely optional to use, and wouldn’t launch by itself. However, app states get preserved between restarts and sleep-wake cycles. If it was open at last use, then it will be open on next use.

• Learn how to navigate on and to the home screen.
  • Learn how to switch between open apps (including the home screen).
  • Learn how to force-quit apps (else apps stay open in the background in a frozen state, which is usually perfectly fine, too).
  • Learn how to program the TV button (single click) on the remote, for either the TV app or the home screen.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Users are advised to keep their devices up-to-date, for best support. We’re on tvOS 16.6 now.

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 5:11 AM in response to shk911

The Apple TV app is completely optional to use, and wouldn’t launch by itself. However, app states get preserved between restarts and sleep-wake cycles. If it was open at last use, then it will be open on next use.

• Learn how to navigate on and to the home screen.
  • Learn how to switch between open apps (including the home screen).
  • Learn how to force-quit apps (else apps stay open in the background in a frozen state, which is usually perfectly fine, too).
  • Learn how to program the TV button (single click) on the remote, for either the TV app or the home screen.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 12

Users are advised to keep their devices up-to-date, for best support. We’re on tvOS 16.6 now.

Update your Apple TV - Apple Support

About Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD software updates - Apple Support

Apple tv app nuisance on Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.