Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Specific Notifications Not Working On iOS 16.6 iPhone 13

So I have a iPad mini 5th generation on iOS 16.6 and recently got a new iPhone 13 which is running iOS 16.6. I backed up my iPad to my iPhone using iCloud and iTunes backup and transfer and I’m having trouble not receiving notifications on my iPhone that I have received on my iPad. Both are synced over iCloud and all notifications are turned on but some are not showing or working on my iPhone. I’ve taken screenshots of what the iPad looks like for a specific app and same with the iPhone as well as the notification settings screen for both. They are included here.

iPad specific app access screen:

iPhone specific app access screen:

iPad notifications screen settings:

iPhone notifications screen settings:

I would appreciate any help with this issue and what can be done to fix it.

Thanks!

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 5:45 AM

There are a few reasons why you might not be getting notifications on your iPhone. Here are some of the most common causes:

• Do Not Disturb mode is turned on. Do Not Disturb mode silences all notifications, so make sure it's turned off. You can do this by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping the crescent moon icon.
  • You're in a Focus mode. Focus modes are like Do Not Disturb mode, but they can be customized to block notifications from specific apps or people. To check if you're in a Focus mode, swipe down from the top of your screen and tap the Focus icon.
  • You've turned off notifications for a specific app. You can turn off notifications for individual apps in the Settings app. To do this, go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down to the app you want to change. Toggle the Allow Notifications switch to the off position.
  • Your iPhone is in Airplane mode. Airplane mode turns off all wireless connections, including cellular data and Wi-Fi. This means that you won't be able to receive notifications if your iPhone is in Airplane mode.
  • Your iPhone is not connected to the internet. If your iPhone is not connected to the internet, you won't be able to receive notifications from apps that need to connect to the internet to send notifications.
  • Your iPhone is not up to date. Sometimes, software updates can fix bugs that can cause notification problems. Make sure your iPhone is up to date by going to Settings > General > Software Update.

If you've checked all of these things and you're still not getting notifications, you can try restarting your iPhone. If that doesn't work, you can contact Apple support for help.

Have you enabled Scheduled Summary?

Settings > Notifications > [Select the App that you are having trouble receiving immediate notifications]

See the pic below for a few examples. Please select immediate delivery.

Go to Settings and tap Notifications. Select an app under Notification Style. Under Alerts, choose the alert style that you want. If you turn on Allow Notifications, choose when you want the notifications delivered — immediately or in the scheduled notification summary.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Change notification settings on iPhone

1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. To schedule a notifications summary, tap Scheduled Summary, then turn on Scheduled Summary. ... 
  3. To choose when you want most notification previews to appear, tap Show Previews, select an option—Always, When Unlocked, or Never—then tap.

More items...

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

You can allow access to Notification Center on the Lock Screen. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with Face ID) or Touch ID & Passcode (on other iPhone models). Enter your passcode. Scroll down and turn on Notification Center (below Allow Access When Locked).

View and respond to notifications on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting notification problems on your iPhone:

• Make sure that your iPhone is not in silent mode.
  • Check the notification settings for individual apps to make sure that they are turned on.
  • Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network or cellular data network.
  • Restart your iPhone.
  • Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  • Contact Apple support for help.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 5:45 AM in response to SevereWx12

There are a few reasons why you might not be getting notifications on your iPhone. Here are some of the most common causes:

• Do Not Disturb mode is turned on. Do Not Disturb mode silences all notifications, so make sure it's turned off. You can do this by swiping down from the top of your screen and tapping the crescent moon icon.
  • You're in a Focus mode. Focus modes are like Do Not Disturb mode, but they can be customized to block notifications from specific apps or people. To check if you're in a Focus mode, swipe down from the top of your screen and tap the Focus icon.
  • You've turned off notifications for a specific app. You can turn off notifications for individual apps in the Settings app. To do this, go to Settings > Notifications and scroll down to the app you want to change. Toggle the Allow Notifications switch to the off position.
  • Your iPhone is in Airplane mode. Airplane mode turns off all wireless connections, including cellular data and Wi-Fi. This means that you won't be able to receive notifications if your iPhone is in Airplane mode.
  • Your iPhone is not connected to the internet. If your iPhone is not connected to the internet, you won't be able to receive notifications from apps that need to connect to the internet to send notifications.
  • Your iPhone is not up to date. Sometimes, software updates can fix bugs that can cause notification problems. Make sure your iPhone is up to date by going to Settings > General > Software Update.

If you've checked all of these things and you're still not getting notifications, you can try restarting your iPhone. If that doesn't work, you can contact Apple support for help.

Have you enabled Scheduled Summary?

Settings > Notifications > [Select the App that you are having trouble receiving immediate notifications]

See the pic below for a few examples. Please select immediate delivery.

Go to Settings and tap Notifications. Select an app under Notification Style. Under Alerts, choose the alert style that you want. If you turn on Allow Notifications, choose when you want the notifications delivered — immediately or in the scheduled notification summary.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Change notification settings on iPhone

1. Go to Settings > Notifications.
  2. To schedule a notifications summary, tap Scheduled Summary, then turn on Scheduled Summary. ... 
  3. To choose when you want most notification previews to appear, tap Show Previews, select an option—Always, When Unlocked, or Never—then tap.

More items...

Change notification settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

You can allow access to Notification Center on the Lock Screen. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode (on an iPhone with Face ID) or Touch ID & Passcode (on other iPhone models). Enter your passcode. Scroll down and turn on Notification Center (below Allow Access When Locked).

View and respond to notifications on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting notification problems on your iPhone:

• Make sure that your iPhone is not in silent mode.
  • Check the notification settings for individual apps to make sure that they are turned on.
  • Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network or cellular data network.
  • Restart your iPhone.
  • Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
  • Contact Apple support for help.

Specific Notifications Not Working On iOS 16.6 iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.