How to fix wireless Printing issues with Epson 4760 Printer on Mac Running Ventura

I have spent hours on the phone with my isp and epson about my printer inability to print via wireless ... basically your software updates has rendered my printer useless ..WHY? and what can I do? Epson 4760 not an old printer at all...Ihope there is a fix.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 11:12 AM

The Epson ET-4760 is an Apple AirPrint supported printer which requires no vendor driver downloads. If the printer is connected to the same network using either an Ethernet cable, or a wireless connection to your router's advertised Wi-Fi SSID (name), then it will be supported by AirPrint. In this state, do not have any USB cables also connected.

With the ET-4760 powered and connected to either of the network solutions in the first paragraph, visit the following:

Ventura 13.5

System Settings : Printers & Scanners panel. If your printer is shown in Printers, right-click on it and choose Reset Printing system… You will receive a warning "Are you sure?" dialog and you would click Reset. Wait a moment until the reset is done, then click the Add Printer, Scanner, or Fax… button. If your printer was not listed in Printers, you would still click this button.

A new panel will appear (see below for my Samsung Laser printer) where Apple's Bonjour service would detect your networked ET-4760 and create an entry for it. Click the entry for the detected ET-4760, and that should trigger the Use: selection to display Auto Select and then the name of your printer will be displayed on this selector. Click Add to place the ET-4760 in your Printers list. When it has done that, right-click on that Printers entry and choose Set Default Printer. Print something. If successful, your AirPrint is configured. You would scan using Apple's Image Capture located in your /Applications folder of the Finder Favorites sidebar.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 11:12 AM in response to YOLAndafromchattanooga

The Epson ET-4760 is an Apple AirPrint supported printer which requires no vendor driver downloads. If the printer is connected to the same network using either an Ethernet cable, or a wireless connection to your router's advertised Wi-Fi SSID (name), then it will be supported by AirPrint. In this state, do not have any USB cables also connected.

With the ET-4760 powered and connected to either of the network solutions in the first paragraph, visit the following:

Ventura 13.5

System Settings : Printers & Scanners panel. If your printer is shown in Printers, right-click on it and choose Reset Printing system… You will receive a warning "Are you sure?" dialog and you would click Reset. Wait a moment until the reset is done, then click the Add Printer, Scanner, or Fax… button. If your printer was not listed in Printers, you would still click this button.

A new panel will appear (see below for my Samsung Laser printer) where Apple's Bonjour service would detect your networked ET-4760 and create an entry for it. Click the entry for the detected ET-4760, and that should trigger the Use: selection to display Auto Select and then the name of your printer will be displayed on this selector. Click Add to place the ET-4760 in your Printers list. When it has done that, right-click on that Printers entry and choose Set Default Printer. Print something. If successful, your AirPrint is configured. You would scan using Apple's Image Capture located in your /Applications folder of the Finder Favorites sidebar.

Aug 11, 2023 11:16 AM in response to YOLAndafromchattanooga

Hi,

The Epson ET-4760 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting Apple's AirPrint technology. This means that the printer should work with macOS 13 Ventura without any additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

Is the printer correctly connected to the Wi-Fi router?

AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections, so you could choose to wire the printer by Ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports of the router instead of using Wi-Fi. Ethernet may be more stable and could eliminate some of the issues related to a wireless connection. You could try Ethernet, at least for a comparative test.

Also, in case of difficulties with AirPrint device detection (if all settings are OK), you may want to try the following procedure in the described order (do not forget the router):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, any Macs, iPhones, iPads, and all other computers and devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two.

Power on all Macs, iPhones and IPads. Finally, power on all other computers and devices.

EDIT: Just noticed that VikingOSX had posted a reply while I was composing my message.

How to fix wireless Printing issues with Epson 4760 Printer on Mac Running Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.