how can i permantly block an email account

I’m being bombarded with emails from an ex. I have blocked their accounts but the emails are still momentarily coming through to my inbox before going in the bin. I don’t want them coming through at all

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 12:19 PM

Consider local police or legal advice for what might be construed as harassment, and for what can escalate.

If that not the path you want to follow, and you’re using iCloud, use the following green-highlighted rule to the delete messages:

Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

But I’d be inclined to mark as read and file the messages in a folder you don’t ever look into, in case you should ever need to present evidence related to this activity. This is the yellow-highlighted option above, once you have created a folder for the history.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 12:19 PM in response to johnny817

Consider local police or legal advice for what might be construed as harassment, and for what can escalate.

If that not the path you want to follow, and you’re using iCloud, use the following green-highlighted rule to the delete messages:

Set up rules to filter email in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

But I’d be inclined to mark as read and file the messages in a folder you don’t ever look into, in case you should ever need to present evidence related to this activity. This is the yellow-highlighted option above, once you have created a folder for the history.

Aug 12, 2023 1:12 AM in response to MrHoffman

Thanks MrH, I have now done the above. However, most of the abusive emails are coming via my sky.com email/Yahoo address . Neither company are willing or able to permanently block the abusive email accounts. I have the accounts blocked but they still momentarily pop up in my inbox before moving to the bin. Just knowing they are there is v upsetting. It seems odd that I can unsubscribe from a business email and never see anything from them again but I can’t do something similar with personal email accounts.

Aug 12, 2023 8:58 AM in response to johnny817

The whole point of those mails is to cause the reaction they’re having here.

And to be blunt, harassment tends to escalate.

You’ll need to see if the web portal for your mail provider offers rules-based filtering at the mail server.

Yahoo does offer rules in at least some configurations: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN28071.html

I would again suggest saving the harassing email, not deleting it. You don’t have to ever look at it—hopefully—but you’ll want to have it available as evidence should this escalate, as these too often do.

how can i permantly block an email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.