Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Maps not working

I’ve been having an issue with Maps for weeks. I’ve rebooted my phone. I’ve updated software. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. It’s like it doesn’t recognize where my phone is. I need help!

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 8:06 PM

"Maps not working: I’ve been having an issue with Maps for weeks. I’ve rebooted my phone. I’ve updated software. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. It’s like it doesn’t recognize where my phone is. I need help!"

-------

Report Errors to Apple:

If something does not look as it should, then report it to Apple: Report a Problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support

Adding Locations to Apple Maps:

Make this proposal through use of providing Apple with feedback. Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more they receive on this, the more they'll know what fixes to create.

Provide Apple with Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - Maps for iOS and iPadOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Road Change - Name or Path" for "Feedback Type:"
  3. Comment: On this change and provide where this is. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 8:06 PM in response to Edna_Hardy

"Maps not working: I’ve been having an issue with Maps for weeks. I’ve rebooted my phone. I’ve updated software. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. It’s like it doesn’t recognize where my phone is. I need help!"

-------

Report Errors to Apple:

If something does not look as it should, then report it to Apple: Report a Problem with Maps on Mac - Apple Support

Adding Locations to Apple Maps:

Make this proposal through use of providing Apple with feedback. Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more they receive on this, the more they'll know what fixes to create.

Provide Apple with Feedback:

1. Go Here: Feedback - Maps for iOS and iPadOS - Apple
  2. Select: "Road Change - Name or Path" for "Feedback Type:"
  3. Comment: On this change and provide where this is. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as Necessary

Aug 15, 2023 9:29 AM in response to Edna_Hardy

Edna_Hardy wrote:

I’ve been having an issue with Maps for weeks. I’ve rebooted my phone. I’ve updated software. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. It’s like it doesn’t recognize where my phone is. I need help!

Did you check to make sure that Settings>Privacy & Security>Location Services>Maps has anything but "Never" selected? For that matter, is Location Services turned on?

I understand you said that you changed nothing. However, something has changed, somehow and that's the first place to check.

Maps not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.