How do I find out who MDM locked my MacBook??

I have a brand new Macboom Air M2 silicon 2023 + iPhone 14promax

purchased brand new from Apple Store with personal money for personal use.

I captured an amazing video on my phone aand wanted to use my new MacBook to edit and share.

my MacBook screen says “MDM Lock” contact admin.

checked my iPhone….. video is now double the length and chopped to pieces and all back ups empty same as recovery on I cloud+ 2TB empty- gone- nothing in recently deleted.

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 6:25 PM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2024 11:43 AM in response to r1497

There are many users with this issue, and many more issues. Some (if not most) MDMs have the ability to not show the MDM feature. I’ve also seen an MDM compromise. It was in India. Once that’s installed, other apps can be side loaded, and hidden. Reformatting and even buying new devices have not helped. In my case, the apps and coding can move laterally inside your network, and even install a bootstrap WI-FI app that is managed (it’s somewhat hidden as well). Many apps, such as remote access, email manipulation, screen sharing, and so much more have happened. I was told recently to get rid of everything, but everything includes much more than phone or computer as many IoT can spread this as well. It also impacts non Apple devices as well.

How do I find out who MDM locked my MacBook??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.