Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Error when trying to start an episode in Apple TV (browser)

I am trying to start an episode of different series in Apple TV (through PC browser), and after 1-2 seconds that it starts, it kind of crashes and show me a message that an error occured. I don't understand what is the issue. A few weeks ago thought I had watched Silo and The Crowded Room series, and both were fine. Then I tried to start Black Bird and that happened. I also tried other series and the same things is happening. From a smart TV, the Black Bird played fine.

Windows

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 1:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 3:17 AM

some browsers don't seem to play nicely with appletv+

you can try another browser and see if it play better there

also if you have windows11 then you can download the preview appletv app from windows app store it is likely more full-featured than their webclient.

3 replies

Aug 12, 2023 4:32 AM in response to Rudegar

I have tried others. I tried with Microsoft Edge. But I have watched other series and movies in the past, this just occurred a few days ago. I have windows 10, and I tried the apple tv app from microsoft store too. it seemed okay, but it lags all the time, like it's 10fps or something. I dont know if it's because my internet connection being bad, but still.. I had this with the Prime video app as well. Netflix is fine other than a few stutters here and there

Error when trying to start an episode in Apple TV (browser)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.