Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

No Service IOS16.6

Starting from 11 Aug 2023 my iPhone 11 had no service. I have not taken note when it was upgraded to IOS16.6 but current I am suspecting that is the cause.

Things I have tried so far:

• Restarting
  • Toggle flight mode on and off
  • Remove SIM and put it back
  • Put the same SIM in backup iPhone 6 and it have full signal.

Anything else I could try? The nearest Apple store is miles away... Really want to exhaust all options before going to the store.

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 5:44 AM

If you see "No service" or "Searching" in the status bar you might not be able to make or receive calls on your iPhone if you have certain settings turned on, if your software isn't up to date, or if there's a problem with your network." Read this support article if you can‘t make or receive calls on your iPhone --> If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

Also read this slightly different list of possible reasons and things to try if you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad --> If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 5:44 AM in response to yiding181

If you see "No service" or "Searching" in the status bar you might not be able to make or receive calls on your iPhone if you have certain settings turned on, if your software isn't up to date, or if there's a problem with your network." Read this support article if you can‘t make or receive calls on your iPhone --> If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

Also read this slightly different list of possible reasons and things to try if you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad --> If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Aug 12, 2023 6:55 AM in response to yiding181

Tow more suggestions:

1) Call Apple and see if they have any additional suggestions.

2) Call your carrier just to make sure there isn't a service issue in your area.

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

No Service IOS16.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.