Battery health Decrease so fast

I’ve been using my Iphone 14 Pro Max for 28 Days, but I noticed that my battery health decrease to 1 percent. I am wondering why because I’ve been using my phone for normal usage.

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 7:08 AM

That is not fast.

Referring to the "Your battery's maximum capacity" section of the support article: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

"A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions." Even rechargeable batteries get worn down and 1-2% health loss per month is perfectly normal. According to iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support , Apple apparently only considers it unusual (and warrant-able) if a battery drops below 80% maximum capacity in less than a year after you receive it. Ergo, some storage loss as you use it is anticipated and acceptable. Prorating that possible 20% drop over the first 12 months equates to 1-2% drop per month being within the range of what Apple finds acceptable. "The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge." In other words, if maximum capacity is below 80%, the battery is below normal performance and worth replacing. A notification will appear about this. You can still use a device with a lower health percentage than 80% but for optimal usage you may wish to consider having it changed when it reaches 80% battery health.

- If battery health drops a few percentage per month that is normal.

- If battery health drops below 80% before the end of the first year, contact Apple about a warranty replacement. (Apple will test it to determine its actual eligibility.)

- If battery health drops below 80% after the first year, consider getting the battery replaced but anticipate paying for it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 7:08 AM in response to taaan_sultan

That is not fast.

Referring to the "Your battery's maximum capacity" section of the support article: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

"A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions." Even rechargeable batteries get worn down and 1-2% health loss per month is perfectly normal. According to iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support , Apple apparently only considers it unusual (and warrant-able) if a battery drops below 80% maximum capacity in less than a year after you receive it. Ergo, some storage loss as you use it is anticipated and acceptable. Prorating that possible 20% drop over the first 12 months equates to 1-2% drop per month being within the range of what Apple finds acceptable. "The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge." In other words, if maximum capacity is below 80%, the battery is below normal performance and worth replacing. A notification will appear about this. You can still use a device with a lower health percentage than 80% but for optimal usage you may wish to consider having it changed when it reaches 80% battery health.

- If battery health drops a few percentage per month that is normal.

- If battery health drops below 80% before the end of the first year, contact Apple about a warranty replacement. (Apple will test it to determine its actual eligibility.)

- If battery health drops below 80% after the first year, consider getting the battery replaced but anticipate paying for it.

Battery health Decrease so fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.