Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Font not available in Pages

Hi,

I have created a new font and correctly installed in Font Book, but I can't visualize it in a Pages document.

With the TextEdit app I can choose it by the menu "More Font" as I can choose it in word, but in Pages no.

In the "Book Font" I can't see the font if I select the input source in Italian, but I can see it with the English input source.

How does it possible that Pages deny to choose the font?

Thanks

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 12:15 PM

donatinho70 wrote:

the font don't show in the Pages' list menu

Have you also looked in Format > Font > Show Fonts > All Fonts?

7 replies

Aug 12, 2023 7:52 AM in response to donatinho70

It sounds like you're running into Apple's system of hiding fonts based on your chosen language. Some apps, like TextEdit, MS Office, the Adobe apps and others ignore these restrictions and show you every active font. Others, such as the Affinity suite, Pages, Font Book, and most other Apple created apps, block you from using fonts that don't match your language/region.

What you may need to do is go back into your font editor and add the necessary codepage so your font will appear under both English and Italian. As an example of a bunch of fonts I recently acquired, they go around this block by adding essentially every possible codepage to the font's internal settings.

Font not available in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.