Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How many times can you watch a rented movie?

Once you rent a movie from Apple TV, are you able to watch it multiple times within the first 48 hours, or just once?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 10:26 AM

The only explanation from Apple, as you have already read it, can be found in -> Related Article: Rent movies from the Apple TV app

• You have 30 days to start watching your rental before it's deleted from your Library. After you start watching, your rental is available for 48 hours.

Get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 10:26 AM in response to alanna703

The only explanation from Apple, as you have already read it, can be found in -> Related Article: Rent movies from the Apple TV app

• You have 30 days to start watching your rental before it's deleted from your Library. After you start watching, your rental is available for 48 hours.

Get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service 

Dec 21, 2023 6:29 PM in response to alanna703

I am guessing, lol; because I wondered the same thing and still haven’t found a rock solid yes/no type answer, is that given the description from Apple states “available to you …” I take that to mean you can watch it multiple times during the 48 hours. I have not yet tried that yet, lol, I watch only til the credits barley start 😜 then if I wanted too watch it again I could. Good luck!

How many times can you watch a rented movie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.