Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

icloud sync

What will happen if i turn on icloud sync between my ipad and iphone but my iphone has 64gb of storage and my iphone has 256gb. will my iphone immediately fill up or will icloud+ fix this.

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 11:14 AM

5 replies

Aug 12, 2023 11:59 AM in response to daisyyos

When you select sync for data types in Settings/[your name]/iCloud all selected content will be replicated on all devices. Adding or removing from one device will add or remove from all devices, and the amount of storage used will be the same on all devices except for photos if you enable Optimize Storage. When this is on photos and videos will be reduced to about 1/4 size on the device.

Aug 12, 2023 11:36 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I have 128gb used on my iPad but I don’t really care for having my photos synced. I only wanted to free up storage because I don’t have enough on my iPhone but my storage seemed to be more full after trying to sync. My phone for a moment said something about not enough storage in order to do the syncing but I don’t see any synced media. I have optimise storage on also.

icloud sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.