iPhone 14 making random calls

Hi,

I have an iPhone 14 with iOS 16 and recently it’s been calling my contacts without me touching it, for example lying on a table. Does anyone have a solution?

thanks

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2023 2:29 PM

My iPhone is randomly making calls without me knowing. What can I do to stop it?

18 replies

Oct 24, 2023 4:03 PM in response to Dreimouse

I had the same thing happen this morning, when I woke up and grabbed my phone it was in the middle of a call. It’s 8th call in 30 minutes. I only found 1 logical solution online which was:

Navigate to Settings, Face ID & Passcode and disable the Return Missed Calls option. I also disabled Voice dial and upgraded from iOS 16-17. The issue hasn’t reoccurred since this morning, fingers crossed the problem is solved.

Feb 24, 2024 4:35 AM in response to Dreimouse

Guys I have the same issue but It’s related to headphones and Siri.

Example: tap and hold AirPods Pro 2 to summon Siri, ask about weather or whatever, after her answer she starts calling random person.

Do you perhaps have headphones with you while this occurs? Earlier it happened randomly when I had enabled Siri in background (listening mode), after disabling it only occurs like I showed in example.

Aug 13, 2023 10:50 AM in response to Dreimouse

Hey Dreimouse,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. The information below may help.

If you haven't, start with restarting the iPhone. Restarting has been known to resolve software related issues. For steps on restarting your iPhone, click here: Restart your iPhone.

Since software updates may include bug fixes, we suggest making sure your iPhone is up-to-date. We've provided the steps below and you can also review the steps here: Update your iPhone or iPad. Prior to updating, make sure you have a current backup to ensure your data is safe. The latest software version is iOS 16.6.

1. Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
4. If you see more than one software update option available, choose the one that you want to install.
5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.

Are you actually able to see when the iPhone places the call or does it show up in Recents? If it shows up in Recents, do you have other devices that use the same Apple ID that your phone number could be linked to? If so, make sure the call isn't being placed from that device and showing up in Recents on your iPhone 14.

Are you experiencing other issues such as apps opening on their own as though the display is being touched? If so, this could be related to display itself. Follow the steps here to see if they help: If the screen isn't working on your iPhone or iPad. If it continues to happen, use this link to contact Apple Support.

If the iPhone is only making phone calls and not experiencing any other issues such as apps opening by themselves, we recommend contacting your wireless carrier to ensure it isn't a routing issue.

Take care.

Feb 18, 2024 2:36 PM in response to ElaineH

This just started happening to me right now and I am on my way to San Antonio. I’m trying to use my maps to get there and my phone keeps making calls. Over and over and over again without me, touching it I don’t know what glitch in the matrix or some bs update that this is from Apple But there’s a problem with the update, Apple what I did to fix it temporarily the everything off of your recent calls log and it will stop Temporarily until Apple fixes updates. 🤬

iPhone 14 making random calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.