Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Airplay to a mac

I want to use Airplay screen mirroring from

iPhone 14 > Mac OS 10.4.11

is there any possibility? Or maybe wired?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 1:58 PM

Open the control Center on your iPhone.

Then, tap on those two overlapping squares and then choose your Mac appearing in the list.

You must be logged in with the same Apple ID on both devices to use that.

If you provided correct information about your macOS version, then it will not be possible as far as I know, because this macOS version (10.4 Tiger) is too far in the past. If you can, go to Software Updates in preferences and update your mac if possible.

If you can’t update your mac to a version newer than Monterey, you cannot use AirPlay to Mac, however there a plenty apps for VNC in the AppStore you can give a shot.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2023 1:58 PM in response to Gwech

Open the control Center on your iPhone.

Then, tap on those two overlapping squares and then choose your Mac appearing in the list.

You must be logged in with the same Apple ID on both devices to use that.

If you provided correct information about your macOS version, then it will not be possible as far as I know, because this macOS version (10.4 Tiger) is too far in the past. If you can, go to Software Updates in preferences and update your mac if possible.

If you can’t update your mac to a version newer than Monterey, you cannot use AirPlay to Mac, however there a plenty apps for VNC in the AppStore you can give a shot.

Airplay to a mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.