Epson SC-P600 working with osVentura?

Finally updated to a new iMac after 10 years I could not upate software any longer! Now trying to use my 3 year Epson SC-P600 printer and as in some previous discussions I'm not getting them to work correctly. If I use the correct Epson Driver 12.62 that allows me to select correct paper and profiles I constantly get a "Communication Error"! I do seem to be able to print using the generic epson print driver but unable to choose paper and profiles and the color is a mile off! Completely unusable!

Need ideas! How to connect Epson SC-P600, preferably with USB, and be able to use the correct driver to get quality color prints!

iMac 21.5″

Posted on Aug 12, 2023 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 9:36 AM

Hi,

First of all, the Epson SureColor P600 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as an AirPrint-supported model. You do not need an additional printer driver when using an AirPrint printer. This provided that the Mac is connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the printer. The printer manufacturer may or may not limit functions available for use under AirPrint.

AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections, so you could choose to wire the printer by Ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports of the Wi-Fi router. Ethernet (which is available on your printer as well) may be more stable, and this method could avoid some other problems related to a wireless printer connection. Perhaps worth a try.

If necessary, you could even use a spare (old) Wi-Fi router in order to set up a separate, local network for AirPrint printing purposes only. This router could be used for an Ethernet or wireless printer connection.

A USB cable connection between the Mac and the printer would require drivers. Such drivers from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

As den.thed indicated, if it does not work, you may have to contact Epson.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 9:36 AM in response to Smittie513

Hi,

First of all, the Epson SureColor P600 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as an AirPrint-supported model. You do not need an additional printer driver when using an AirPrint printer. This provided that the Mac is connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router) as the printer. The printer manufacturer may or may not limit functions available for use under AirPrint.

AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections, so you could choose to wire the printer by Ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports of the Wi-Fi router. Ethernet (which is available on your printer as well) may be more stable, and this method could avoid some other problems related to a wireless printer connection. Perhaps worth a try.

If necessary, you could even use a spare (old) Wi-Fi router in order to set up a separate, local network for AirPrint printing purposes only. This router could be used for an Ethernet or wireless printer connection.

A USB cable connection between the Mac and the printer would require drivers. Such drivers from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

As den.thed indicated, if it does not work, you may have to contact Epson.

Aug 14, 2023 7:14 AM in response to den.thed

I appreciate your insight but I'm missing something! I have multiple times deleted the printer and/or reset the printers per Mac directions. Whenever I reinstall my SC-P600 indicating USB I continually get the generic 3.0 driver that does not allow me to select specific paper stocks or ICC profiles.

If I get the driver 12.62 up I get a prompt telling me I need to use Air Print and then a communication error.

I have also tried restoring default settings on the printer.

I've been going in circles on this and apparently missing something, probably simple, but as of right now I have a great photo printer that will not work function properly with my new iMac.

Hope someone can offer a new insight or option, thanks!

May 28, 2024 3:11 PM in response to Smittie513

Bonjour, j'ai exactement le même problème depuis que j'ai upgradé Monterey avec mon imprimante Epson SC P800. J'ai toujours utilisé le pilote de l'Epson et non Air print que je ne veux pas. Tout allait bien avant. Donc, j'ai maintes fois réinitialisé le système d'impression, chargé le dernier driver, supprimé et ajouté l'imprimante en veillant bien à ce que ce ne soit pas Air print qui prenne la main. Ça ne marche toujours pas. J'ai redémarré en mode sans échec, rien à faire. A chaque fois, l'imprimante s'éveille, la feuille en place dans le bac arrière descend un peu puis s'arrête et plus rien. La fenêtre "erreur de communication" apparaît. Je précise que mon macbook pro et l'imprimante sont reliés par un câble usb. J'en suis à penser qu'il me faut réinstaller tout Monterey ou retourner à Big sur ? Une idée ? Merci beaucoup d'avance

May 28, 2024 3:29 PM in response to ZITULBE

Google translation if anybody can help...

Hello, I have exactly the same problem since I upgraded Monterey with my Epson SC P800 printer. I have always used the Epson driver and not Air print which I don't want. Everything was fine before. So, I repeatedly reset the printing system, loaded the latest driver, deleted and added the printer, making sure that it was not Air print that took over. It still does not work. I restarted in safe mode, nothing to do. Each time, the printer wakes up, the sheet in place in the rear tray goes down a little then stops and nothing more. The “communication error” window appears. I would like to point out that my MacBook Pro and the printer are connected by a USB cable. I'm thinking do I need to relocate all of Monterey or go back to Big Sur? An idea ? thank you very much in advance.

Epson SC-P600 working with osVentura?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.