Apple TV stopped working on my roku tv? I have a subscription to Apple TV thru T-Mobile. When I try to mirror or airplay to the tv I get a “a formatting issue” Anybody else have this issue?

It won’t accept my Apple ID to sign into the Apple app on my living room roku tv. It was working fine then stopped. It would let us go in start to watch something after the intro it kicks us out. This has gone on for 2 days. So I deleted the app then reinstalled the app. Now it won’t let me sign in with my Apple password. My phone my tablets my bedroom tv all work just fine (bedroom tv is a Roku). It will not let me mirror it to the tv it won’t let me airplay from my iPad to tv it says something about formatting. I just am at a loss. I really want to finish Silo on my big tv. Help. the second pic is the error I get when I try to sign into the Apple app

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 8:37 AM

For Roku TVs, you should be able to use the Apple TV app, sign in, and stream, without resorting to AirPlay.

Please check that the Roku software has had the latest version available installed.

Please try a restart of the Roku TV (not sleep-wake, but really off-on).

Else try deleting the app, then re-install it and sign in.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 8:37 AM in response to Jcdville

For Roku TVs, you should be able to use the Apple TV app, sign in, and stream, without resorting to AirPlay.

Please check that the Roku software has had the latest version available installed.

Please try a restart of the Roku TV (not sleep-wake, but really off-on).

Else try deleting the app, then re-install it and sign in.

Apple TV stopped working on my roku tv? I have a subscription to Apple TV thru T-Mobile. When I try to mirror or airplay to the tv I get a “a formatting issue” Anybody else have this issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.