MacBook dead, will not turn on

I have tried a different charger, but MacBook is completely dead.

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 7:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 6:44 PM

Jillpittman Said:

"MacBook dead, will not turn on: I have tried a different charger, but MacBook is completely dead"

-------

See if anything her helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 6:44 PM in response to Jillpittman

Jillpittman Said:

"MacBook dead, will not turn on: I have tried a different charger, but MacBook is completely dead"

-------

See if anything her helps...

Troubleshooting Mac Charge:

Refer to the following....

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Based Macs Only): Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

B. Try a New Charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Aug 13, 2023 6:34 PM in response to Jillpittman

Jillpittman wrote:

I have tried a different charger, but MacBook is completely dead.

see step 7

If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

see vintage and obsolete:

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support

Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired ...

Aug 14, 2023 10:11 AM in response to TheLittles

I’m very sorry, he never told me specifically what it was, maybe assuming I wouldn’t get it…

If you ever find out, I’m in for knowing what it was.

in the end they replaced the whole motherboard, and didn’t gave me back the dead one, which I find a little hard to swallow as all my data was inside. If they ever repair it, all my data could be accessed…

Aug 14, 2023 10:53 AM in response to matthieu14

matthieu14 wrote:

I’m very sorry, he never told me specifically what it was, maybe assuming I wouldn’t get it…
If you ever find out, I’m in for knowing what it was.

in the end they replaced the whole motherboard, and didn’t gave me back the dead one, which I find a little hard to swallow as all my data was inside. If they ever repair it, all my data could be accessed…

Logic boards are not repaired they are replaced.

If you value your user data

3-2-1 Backup Strategy: three copies of your data, two different methods, and one offsite. 

More than one device, more than one backup methodology.

Aug 14, 2023 12:27 PM in response to matthieu14

mattieu14 Said:

I’m very sorry, he never told me specifically what it was, maybe assuming I wouldn’t get it…If you ever find out, I’m in for knowing what it was.[…]

———-

The Culprit:

I guess you can ask him what the culprit is. Up to you. But, reading “a hardware component burn”, the first thing that comes to mind is that I’d say it was not more than a corroded battery.

MacBook dead, will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.