Macbook pro seems dead. Not charging.

Closed lid and unplugged. Now won't turn on

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2023 5:54 PM

Gnome6455 Said:

"Macbook pro seems dead. Not charging.: Closed lid and unplugged. Now won't turn on"

-------

Why the Error?

Presumably, your charger is failing, and it is time for a new charger. So, here are a few hotlines to refer to...

Troubleshoot Mac Power:

A. Try a New Charger:

B. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2023 5:54 PM in response to Gnome6455

Gnome6455 Said:

"Macbook pro seems dead. Not charging.: Closed lid and unplugged. Now won't turn on"

-------

Why the Error?

Presumably, your charger is failing, and it is time for a new charger. So, here are a few hotlines to refer to...

Troubleshoot Mac Power:

A. Try a New Charger:

B. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Aug 26, 2023 4:19 PM in response to John Galt

Sorry for the cryptic answer. A very techy friend rebuilt it. This guy knows his stuff so no doubts for his work.

I had at least the browser open, if not more, when I shut the lid. I am not computer illiterate but know no next to nothing about Apple/ Mac. If I could take it back to him, I would. Hanging my head. But that is not an option.

Since noon today I had it on charge. Still dead.

Aug 26, 2023 5:17 PM in response to Gnome6455

A very techy friend rebuilt it. This guy knows his stuff so no doubts for his work.

Until now?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with closing the lid on a portable Mac and leaving it that way, unplugged, for weeks at least. A year or more, maybe not. But you did nothing wrong.

As for your techy friend... let the facts speak for themselves.

Macbook pro seems dead. Not charging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.