Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Is there an active Apple developer forum?

Not really a technical issue or question, was just wandering if there were any good Apple developer forums like Stack Exchange that's specifically Apple-focused, centred around hardware, coding, software, etc?

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 9:22 AM

Forums? Not really.

The Apple Developer Program has a forum: Apple Developer Forums It’s fairly active, too. Whether any ? gets answers?

There’s some traffic on the Stack websites (particularly Ask Different), as you’ve noted, and on Reddit.

There are some lower-traffic forums around, but not all that development-focused.

For other resources…

The Apple WWDC app and other WWDC related videos, as well.

I have a collection of RSS feeds of Apple-related websites. Not that such helps here.

Traffic in recent years on the Mac related nntp netnews groups tends to be… less than technical.

There’s the iOS Dev Weekly email, which usually has good links.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 9:22 AM in response to DynaManic42

Forums? Not really.

The Apple Developer Program has a forum: Apple Developer Forums It’s fairly active, too. Whether any ? gets answers?

There’s some traffic on the Stack websites (particularly Ask Different), as you’ve noted, and on Reddit.

There are some lower-traffic forums around, but not all that development-focused.

For other resources…

The Apple WWDC app and other WWDC related videos, as well.

I have a collection of RSS feeds of Apple-related websites. Not that such helps here.

Traffic in recent years on the Mac related nntp netnews groups tends to be… less than technical.

There’s the iOS Dev Weekly email, which usually has good links.

Aug 13, 2023 3:47 PM in response to DynaManic42

I’d suggest some consideration and practice with debugging and troubleshooting, which will be beneficial in amny contents such as troubleshooting, and eventually as part of your efforts toward learning to program amd app development.

In the case of that link and related debugging, try downloads from somewhere other than Google, and other than from Google search results. This because Google does all sorts of “creative” stuff with links, routing many of those links back through the Googleplex. (This is one of various resons why my use of Google has been decreasing.)

To test and debug basic operations of a web download on an iPhone or iPad, try using DuckDuckGo or other such search engine (who do not generally insinuate themselves into links), download an mp3 file from somewhere widely available, and unlikely to involve DRM such as, say, Wikipedia or such. Here’s one such Adune.mp3 example. From that Wikipedia webpage, there’s an Adune.mp3 link shown just below the black playback bar, and tap-and-hold on that link gets the following pop-up (below) and the download (green highlight) works, and the downloaded file can be played from within Files app.

Again, if you are having issues with Kapwing and whatever Kapwing is (or is not) doing, contact Kapwing support.

Aug 13, 2023 1:49 PM in response to DynaManic42

DynaManic42 wrote:

Thanks mate, will definitely check out the dev forums, as well as the reddit. I also have a query on another topic that i'll link if you'd like.

Posting here as a new thread is one option.

Links can sometimes be a problem, depending on where they go.

If you’re looking for code-level help, Apple offers that as part of the paid-tier developer program.

In the last few years, Apple offers code-level labs several times a year too, and which are an individual session with an Apple developer. These are similar to the WWDC labs, and which I would recommend.

Is there an active Apple developer forum?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.