Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

AirPort Express Not Working When Plugged In

Hello!

I recently found an old AirPort Express in my closet, and was gonna use it to expand my Wi-Fi network.

I tried plugging it in, and nothing. The light was not illuminating as well.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!

AirPort

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 2:44 PM

The Express is dead if the indicator light will not illuminate.

You could try online "miracle" cures like slapping the Express with the palm of your hand or placing the Express in the freezer for an hour, but none of these things ever worked for me.

For what it's worth....even when the Express is working it can only "extend" the network provided by another Apple router. It will not "extend" the network of a 3rd party router.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2023 2:44 PM in response to iHungryForSushi

The Express is dead if the indicator light will not illuminate.

You could try online "miracle" cures like slapping the Express with the palm of your hand or placing the Express in the freezer for an hour, but none of these things ever worked for me.

For what it's worth....even when the Express is working it can only "extend" the network provided by another Apple router. It will not "extend" the network of a 3rd party router.

AirPort Express Not Working When Plugged In

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.