Unable to monitor my guitar while recording audio in a project

Hi, I cannot hear my guitar while recording it in a project. I can see the input levels respond to my playing, so there is a signal, and I can hear it playback after recording. I have muted the hardware input in my audio interface software Focusrite Control- I am using Scarlett 8i6.

With Logic ProX I have input monitoring selected for the track. In Settings>Audio>general - I have software monitoring selected and I have tried selecting and deselecting the input monitoring for focussed track but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions please?

Mac mini, macOS 13.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 2:43 PM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2024 6:26 PM in response to unchained_wilde

So, is this how Apple screws its consumer by giving them ****** a GarageBand App.? Then force you to buy, for $200 Logic Pro? Called Apple to get some help, so called techs at Apple, had no clue about GarageBand or how to access any of its protocols. Like, where is the "Monitor" on/off located. Just updated my "new" iPad mini and cannot get "Guitar" to come through and record. Found it for the Mic, mistakenly, but not for guitar. The guitar part of the app. looks like a Childs toy you would see in MalWart, lame...

Unable to monitor my guitar while recording audio in a project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.