Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iphone android messaging problems

Hello, my iPhone XR runs on boost mobile and is just now starting to have problems with messaging group chats with androids I can some times message group-chats but I can never receive messages from others. I also am having trouble messaging android users separately. I’ve tried powering off my iPhone then turning it back on and turning off/on sms.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 3:53 PM

You need to ensure you have SMS/MMS enabled on your iPhone. Go to Settings > Messages > Make sure Send as SMS is turned on. Also MMS Messaging and Group Messaging need to be turned on. If they are all on and you still have issues, you need to contact your carrier directly for help with your account.

3 replies

iphone android messaging problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.