Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPhone keyboard looks off

I was just typing something today when I realised that my keyboard looks quite off. As seen in the pictures attached the darker one is mine and the suggested words part is different and I want to change it back to what it looks like in the lighter keyboard. Thanks to anyone that helps

iPhone 13

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 5:29 AM

I wish it were that simple but I’m not referring to the colour of the keyboard. The little band of suggested words at the top of the keyboard is what I’m referring to. As you can see it looks quite different (the darker keyboard being mine and the lighter one being the default). This change has also resulted in my (I don’t know what it’s actually called) swipe typing to be essentially useless so I can’t type as fast now.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 5:29 AM in response to H1290

I wish it were that simple but I’m not referring to the colour of the keyboard. The little band of suggested words at the top of the keyboard is what I’m referring to. As you can see it looks quite different (the darker keyboard being mine and the lighter one being the default). This change has also resulted in my (I don’t know what it’s actually called) swipe typing to be essentially useless so I can’t type as fast now.

Aug 13, 2023 5:57 PM in response to H1290

H1290 Said:

"I think the OP was referring to the colours of the two different keyboards: one is black and the other is white."

-------

Dark Mode:

Didn't take it that way. From your perspective, Dark Mode may be playing a role here.

Disabling Dark Mode not Turning Off:

On the iPhone, perform the following to disable Dark Mode.

1. Go Here: Adjust the Screen Brightness and Color on iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Turn Dark Mode on or off
  3. Proceed from there a necessary

Aug 14, 2023 5:35 AM in response to azlan224

Perhaps you had better reach out to Apple Support at this point:

Where did you screenshoot these keyboards? Certainly not in the same app.

Aug 13, 2023 5:45 PM in response to azlan224

azlan224 Said:

"iPhone keyboard looks off: [...]the suggested words part is different and I want to change it back to what it looks like in the lighter keyboard. Thanks to anyone that helps"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Resetting Predictive Text:

As you make mistypes and corrections, you iPhone learn as you type. I'm not so certain you can reset it to default, without resetting the iPhone to factory settings. In the mean time, disable Predictive Text: Use predictive text on iPhone - Apple Support. Nothing would show up though for predictive text.

Aug 13, 2023 5:52 PM in response to TheLittles

I think the OP was referring to the colours of the two different keyboards: one is black and the other is white.

I thought the “issue” had something to do with dark mode. But as I’m typing this, I’m unable to get my keyboard to “lighten up” by toggling dark mode on and off. So I’m thinking this has a deeper explanation…

Clearly, the top keyboard is in Notes, and the bottom one, I’m not sure about, although the “Go” button should be a clue. 🤷‍♀️

Aug 13, 2023 6:07 PM in response to TheLittles

TheLittles wrote:

Dark Mode may be playing a role here.

Yes, I think that’s it. Although for some reason, the keyboard will not change while on the internet. And that’s probably where the OP is running into issues.

So, based on my logic built on a foundation of sand, if the OP wants a light keyboard, they’ll have to get off the internet. 😊

iPhone keyboard looks off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.