Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

some of my files in icloud drive disappeared. why? can i restore them?

several files in my iphone and in icloud drive disappeared.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 8:14 AM

See the article Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

r files in iCloud Drive

iCloud Drive lets you access all of your documents securely from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Windows PC.

When you sign in to iCloud, you'll have access to iCloud Drive. With iCloud Drive, you can keep files and folders up to date across all of your devices, share files and folders with friends, family members or colleagues, and more.

You can store files* in iCloud Drive as long as they're 50 GB or less in size and you don't exceed your iCloud storage limit. If you need more iCloud storage, you can upgrade to iCloud+. With iCloud+, you can also share iCloud storage with your family, without sharing your files. Find out more about prices in your region.

*Avoid storing app folders, libraries, .tmp, .vmdk, .vmware, .vbo

Read the articles Delete a file or recover a file that you've deleted from the Files app – Apple Support

View and modify files and folders in Files on iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 8:14 AM in response to efraiml

See the article Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

r files in iCloud Drive

iCloud Drive lets you access all of your documents securely from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac and Windows PC.

When you sign in to iCloud, you'll have access to iCloud Drive. With iCloud Drive, you can keep files and folders up to date across all of your devices, share files and folders with friends, family members or colleagues, and more.

You can store files* in iCloud Drive as long as they're 50 GB or less in size and you don't exceed your iCloud storage limit. If you need more iCloud storage, you can upgrade to iCloud+. With iCloud+, you can also share iCloud storage with your family, without sharing your files. Find out more about prices in your region.

*Avoid storing app folders, libraries, .tmp, .vmdk, .vmware, .vbo

Read the articles Delete a file or recover a file that you've deleted from the Files app – Apple Support

View and modify files and folders in Files on iPhone - Apple Support

Aug 14, 2023 9:04 AM in response to tygb

Thank you for your prompt reply. But, I am sorry to tell you that I know most of what you wrote and did everything correctly for already several years and never had any problem. Untill few days ago when suddenly most of the files on my iPhone disappeared while being abraod. I also couldnt find them on the iCloud drive. luckily I had backup elsewhere. This is very strange and never happebned to me in the past. I stil cant find them. They are not in the deleted items!

some of my files in icloud drive disappeared. why? can i restore them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.