Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

How to edit pictures in files app

How do I edit photos which are in Files app? Can I do it in the Files app or must I move it to Photos before I can edit? Thank you.

iPad Pro

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 6:08 AM

While it is possible to use Markup tools to modify images using the Files App, Files doesn’t offer the full set of photo editing features that are native to the Photos App. As such, importing your photos to the iPad’s Photo Library will provide the best opportunities for editing your photos. The iPad User Guide is a useful reference:

Edit photos and videos on iPad - Apple Support

There are also many third-party photo editing Apps that are available within the Apple App Store - that vary in complexity and capability from simple to advanced/professional level.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 6:08 AM in response to chrisqey

While it is possible to use Markup tools to modify images using the Files App, Files doesn’t offer the full set of photo editing features that are native to the Photos App. As such, importing your photos to the iPad’s Photo Library will provide the best opportunities for editing your photos. The iPad User Guide is a useful reference:

Edit photos and videos on iPad - Apple Support

There are also many third-party photo editing Apps that are available within the Apple App Store - that vary in complexity and capability from simple to advanced/professional level.

How to edit pictures in files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.