Help pairing ipod 4 gen with iPhone 13 mini

I would like to use my old iPod simply as a second phone for the kitchen. Nothing else. I am tired of running across my home.

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 2:32 AM

I assume that you have been looking at the following Apple article: Make and receive phone calls on iPod touch – Apple Support (UK).

Your iPod needs to meet all the requirements mentioned in that article. It states that your iPod will require at least iOS 13 or later, but a 4th generation model can only go as far as iOS 6.1.6.

There's more to it than just the iOS version; for example, it mentions facetime. That leads to the question of whether it is a phone call over a cellular network of a facetime call over Wi-Fi. (I'm not a facetime user).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 2:32 AM in response to Sammysays57

I assume that you have been looking at the following Apple article: Make and receive phone calls on iPod touch – Apple Support (UK).

Your iPod needs to meet all the requirements mentioned in that article. It states that your iPod will require at least iOS 13 or later, but a 4th generation model can only go as far as iOS 6.1.6.

There's more to it than just the iOS version; for example, it mentions facetime. That leads to the question of whether it is a phone call over a cellular network of a facetime call over Wi-Fi. (I'm not a facetime user).

Help pairing ipod 4 gen with iPhone 13 mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.