Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

How can I recover my iTunes encrypted backups password?

I have backed up my data’s through iTunes using encrypted password after backup I have erased all my data in iPhone and connected to iTunes and started to restore backup but I have forgotten the password.now what should I do to restore my backup?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 1:07 PM

Sorry, but you will need think real hard to see if you can remember the password that you used for the backup. You will not be able to access the backup unless you can enter the correct password.

On the plus side, you get an unlimited number of tries to enter the correct password.

5 replies

Aug 16, 2023 11:13 AM in response to gunasekaran65

See Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community. In particular:

If you have forgotten the password, or were not aware that encryption had been enabled, consider that it might be any computer, Apple ID, Wi-Fi password or device PIN that you've used in the past, working from the assumption that you might have reused a common password that you were using when encryption was first activated. See About encrypted backups on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support for details.

tt2

How can I recover my iTunes encrypted backups password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.