Apple tv remote isn’t pairing

My apple tv 4k Siri Remote has stopped working suddenly, only volume buttons was working, I used my iPhone remote app and I unpaired the Siri Remote. While trying to pair it again it doesn’t pair, it just keeps saying bring the remote closer to the apple tv box, i bring it closer even on top of it, but still not pairing.

note: i do have the latest apple tv update version tvOS 16.6

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 1:09 AM

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

Try following these steps first

1. Stay within about 6 meters (20 feet) of your Apple TV and move anything that blocks the path between your remote and the front of your Apple TV, television, receiver, and sound bar.
  2. Charge your remote for 30 minutes using a USB-C to USB or Lightning to USB cable and a USB wall charger.
  3. Unplug your Apple TV from its power socket. Wait at least six seconds and then plug it back in.

if that does not work please proceed to restart your Apple TV Remote

1. Press and hold the TV/Control Centre button  and the Volume Down button  at the same time. Hold the buttons down for about 5 seconds, or until the status light on your Apple TV turns off and on again.  
  2. Release the buttons. Then wait 5 to 10 seconds for a Connection Lost notification to appear on your TV screen. 
  3. Wait while your remote restarts. When the Connected notification appears, you can use your remote.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 1:09 AM in response to TheABD1

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

Try following these steps first

1. Stay within about 6 meters (20 feet) of your Apple TV and move anything that blocks the path between your remote and the front of your Apple TV, television, receiver, and sound bar.
  2. Charge your remote for 30 minutes using a USB-C to USB or Lightning to USB cable and a USB wall charger.
  3. Unplug your Apple TV from its power socket. Wait at least six seconds and then plug it back in.

if that does not work please proceed to restart your Apple TV Remote

1. Press and hold the TV/Control Centre button  and the Volume Down button  at the same time. Hold the buttons down for about 5 seconds, or until the status light on your Apple TV turns off and on again.  
  2. Release the buttons. Then wait 5 to 10 seconds for a Connection Lost notification to appear on your TV screen. 
  3. Wait while your remote restarts. When the Connected notification appears, you can use your remote.

Aug 15, 2023 1:50 PM in response to MiguelMolinaO

I appreciate your assistance and the steps you provided. I followed all the instructions mentioned in your previous message, including unpairing and attempting to pair the remote again. However, I'm still encountering the same issue. The message "Pairing remote bring it closer to your Apple TV to continue pairing" continues to appear on the screen. Is there any further guidance you can provide to help resolve this pairing problem? Thank you for your support.

Apple tv remote isn’t pairing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.