No one ever says sync from [what] to [device}. If you sync something with nothing on it, you will wipe out the one with stuff on it. Which direction does it go

I have a robust library on my ipod. It has all the images and it is organized the way I like it. I got a new computer and now I have no library on it. So I downloaded itunes, but when I went to add files from the same source as the ipod had, well no images, and sometimes no tracks, some are missing album names. So it is important to me to sync FROM my ipod to my computer and to my new Iphone 14Pro. How can I guarantee this.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 5:12 PM

egorrie53 Said:

"I have a robust library on my ipod. It has all the images and it is organized the way I like it. I got a new computer and now I have no library on it. So I downloaded itunes, but when I went to add files from the same source as the ipod had, well no images, and sometimes no tracks, some are missing album names. So it is important to me to sync FROM my ipod to my computer and to my new Iphone 14Pro. How can I guarantee this."

-------

Sharing All Data of an Apple Music Playlist:

Start Here: Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices - Apple Support. You'd Create a Music Playlist with all of this info, and then share this Music Playlist.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2023 5:12 PM in response to egorrie53

egorrie53 Said:

"I have a robust library on my ipod. It has all the images and it is organized the way I like it. I got a new computer and now I have no library on it. So I downloaded itunes, but when I went to add files from the same source as the ipod had, well no images, and sometimes no tracks, some are missing album names. So it is important to me to sync FROM my ipod to my computer and to my new Iphone 14Pro. How can I guarantee this."

-------

Sharing All Data of an Apple Music Playlist:

Start Here: Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices - Apple Support. You'd Create a Music Playlist with all of this info, and then share this Music Playlist.

No one ever says sync from [what] to [device}. If you sync something with nothing on it, you will wipe out the one with stuff on it. Which direction does it go

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.