Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Syncing downloaded itunes

Got lots of times downloaded on IPod touch from CDs. Want to duplicate them on new iphone 13. How can I do this? Have backup downloaded on external drive. Not good with technology so

idiots guide please, Doesn’t seem to be anywhere on Windows 10 iTunes so to show devices.

iPhone 13

Posted on Apr 27, 2024 5:46 AM

5 replies

May 3, 2024 7:09 AM in response to heatherfrompreston

Device backups and library backups are different things. In particular device backups don't include media, which has certainly caught people out before now.

tt2

May 2, 2024 10:06 AM in response to heatherfrompreston

PROBABLY GAVE WRONG HEADING should be COPY MUSIC FROM IPOD TO IPHONE 13.

I am still struggling trying to do this - Copy music from I pod onto Iphone13. My backup music library is on an external drive. I originally did this using my Windows Vista laptop a few years ago. Now I have newer laptop using windows 10 but need a simple step by step guide as to how to copy (not transfer) my music onto new IPhone 13. I am not technically minded and in my late 70s and could not follow the Turingtest2 reply below. Neither could my granddaughter who is better at these things. I don’t want to lose the music on the iPod either as it is my whole CD collection on there.

May 3, 2024 5:55 AM in response to heatherfrompreston

In general you cannot transfer media content directly from device to device. It can be recovered into a library on a computer, and from there copied to a new device in the usual way. With an iPod touch you could potentially subscribe to Apple Music which could upload the music on the device to the cloud, from there it could be downloaded to a computer and your iPhone. If you go that route be sure to merge the content of the iPod with the cloud. If you chose replace in error all your content on the device gets lost. Manual recovery using iFunBox and Windows Explorer is an alternative route if you don't want to pay, however temporarily, for Apple Music.

tt2

Syncing downloaded itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.