Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

bluetooth not connecting with magic keyboard

I am trying to repair my 2019 Mac in disk utility.without my mouse.only the key board connected upon startup

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 12:20 AM

Following your description, not your title, I assume that your keyboard works just fine but your mouse won’t connect to your Mac.

Try following these steps:

1. Check yout mouse is turned on and charged. If you cant check the charging status of yout mouse with another device, plug it in for 10 to 15 minutes to be assured that the mouse works.
  2. If your mouse the does not work after rebooting your mac again, try connect a mouse which you can connect by cable.
  3. If 1. And 2. All did not work, follow this guide to enable controlling your mac fully by keyboard: Navigate your Mac using Full Keyboard Access – Apple Support (UK) And try again connecting your mouse when you repaired your mac with DiskUtility.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 12:20 AM in response to panheadgirl

Following your description, not your title, I assume that your keyboard works just fine but your mouse won’t connect to your Mac.

Try following these steps:

1. Check yout mouse is turned on and charged. If you cant check the charging status of yout mouse with another device, plug it in for 10 to 15 minutes to be assured that the mouse works.
  2. If your mouse the does not work after rebooting your mac again, try connect a mouse which you can connect by cable.
  3. If 1. And 2. All did not work, follow this guide to enable controlling your mac fully by keyboard: Navigate your Mac using Full Keyboard Access – Apple Support (UK) And try again connecting your mouse when you repaired your mac with DiskUtility.

bluetooth not connecting with magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.