Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple Mail IMAP

I just got the Mac Studio and I am trying to log into my IMAP mail on the Apple mail app. I put in all of the correct setting (Username, password, Host name) and it says "Unable to verify account name or password". I downloaded Outlook and put in all of the same settings and it loaded no problem. Is there an issue with the latest MacOS Ventura 13.5 and IMAP emails? These setting are currently working on my phone and iMac Pro.

Mac Studio

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 5:19 PM

peterlarioni wrote:

I just got the Mac Studio and I am trying to log into my IMAP mail on the Apple mail app. I put in all of the correct setting (Username, password, Host name) and it says "Unable to verify account name or password". I downloaded Outlook and put in all of the same settings and it loaded no problem.

Is there an issue with the latest MacOS Ventura 13.5 and IMAP emails?

These setting are currently working on my phone and iMac Pro.

There is no issue with IMAP on macOS 13.5

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account(s) from the Mail.app, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

“On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 5:19 PM in response to peterlarioni

peterlarioni wrote:

I just got the Mac Studio and I am trying to log into my IMAP mail on the Apple mail app. I put in all of the correct setting (Username, password, Host name) and it says "Unable to verify account name or password". I downloaded Outlook and put in all of the same settings and it loaded no problem.

Is there an issue with the latest MacOS Ventura 13.5 and IMAP emails?

These setting are currently working on my phone and iMac Pro.

There is no issue with IMAP on macOS 13.5

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account(s) from the Mail.app, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

“On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Apple Mail IMAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.