Issue with App Data Recovery After Offloading on iPhone

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to you regarding an issue I've encountered with one of my apps on my iPhone.

Recently, due to low storage space on my device, the iPhone automatically offloaded one of my apps. In response to this, I took the following steps to address the situation:

1. I deleted unnecessary data to create more available storage space.
  2. I performed a software update to ensure that my device was running the latest version.
  3. I utilized the "Offload App" option in the storage settings to free up additional space.
  4. Subsequently, I reinstalled the app from the App Store.

However, despite these efforts, I am facing a challenge. The reinstalled app does not seem to have access to the previously stored data. While the storage settings on my iPhone indicate that the data is present, the app itself is unable to retrieve it, leaving me without access to the critical information within the application.

I am unsure how to proceed in resolving this issue and would greatly appreciate your assistance and guidance. If you could provide me with any insights or steps that I might take to recover the data and ensure proper functionality of the app, I would be extremely grateful.

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 8:08 PM

4 replies

Issue with App Data Recovery After Offloading on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.