Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Anyone else having an issue with iPhone cameras?

Has anyone else experienced an issue where after a reboot, the iPhone gives a non-genuine camera warning? This has happened 2 times to me in less than a year, really frustrating considering I have to go all the way up to Apple to get it fixed, or have very minimal camera features. I could only find a couple other people with this issue, I use a iPhone 13 Pro.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2023 9:45 PM

masonepicgamer Said:

"Anyone else having an issue with iPhone cameras?: Has anyone else experienced an issue where after a reboot, the iPhone gives a non-genuine camera warning? This has happened 2 times to me in less than a year, really frustrating considering I have to go all the way up to Apple to get it fixed, or have very minimal camera features. I could only find a couple other people with this issue, I use a iPhone 13 Pro."

-------

Ungenuine Camera Reports are Common:

Yes. There are plenty reports on these forums of this. Typically, it occurs under two circumstances (A.)an ungenuine camera was placed there, or (B.)someone just made a major change to it, particularly updates and restarts. So, contact Apple Support to get this fixed, being it may be an error in their device database. See this post from just a moment ago: Camera unknown part - Apple Community

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2023 9:45 PM in response to masonepicgamer

masonepicgamer Said:

"Anyone else having an issue with iPhone cameras?: Has anyone else experienced an issue where after a reboot, the iPhone gives a non-genuine camera warning? This has happened 2 times to me in less than a year, really frustrating considering I have to go all the way up to Apple to get it fixed, or have very minimal camera features. I could only find a couple other people with this issue, I use a iPhone 13 Pro."

-------

Ungenuine Camera Reports are Common:

Yes. There are plenty reports on these forums of this. Typically, it occurs under two circumstances (A.)an ungenuine camera was placed there, or (B.)someone just made a major change to it, particularly updates and restarts. So, contact Apple Support to get this fixed, being it may be an error in their device database. See this post from just a moment ago: Camera unknown part - Apple Community

Anyone else having an issue with iPhone cameras?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.