How to transfer album in documents to Music

I accidentally downloaded a zip folder of music into a desktop document folder. on my MacBook. How do I transfer album to Music? Some songs transferred to music as an album, which is great. Other songs were transferred individually (not in their album); other songs don't appear in Music. Thanks so much!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 6:36 AM

Glynn,

Once the file is unzipped and the individual audio files are present on your hard drive, you can simply add them to your Music library: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

Whether they end up in neat albums or not depends on how they are tagged at the source. If there are any stray files, you can fix their tags after they are in Music.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 6:36 AM in response to glynnebl

Glynn,

Once the file is unzipped and the individual audio files are present on your hard drive, you can simply add them to your Music library: Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

Whether they end up in neat albums or not depends on how they are tagged at the source. If there are any stray files, you can fix their tags after they are in Music.

How to transfer album in documents to Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.