Related Article: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete photos from iCloud and backed up photos?

I want to delete some backed up photos for space?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 6:24 AM

If you had enabled iCloud Photos then the Photos are not backed up.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos & Messages on iCloud, your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 6:24 AM in response to lesa1114

If you had enabled iCloud Photos then the Photos are not backed up.

iCloud backup doesn’t include information that is synced and stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memosshared photosiCloud Photos*, Health data, call history and files you store in iCloud Drive.

*-If you had turned on iCloud Photos & Messages on iCloud, your content is automatically stored in iCloud and is available on all devices that use the same Apple ID

How do I delete photos from iCloud and backed up photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.