Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Keychain sharing

Is there any way a husband and wife can access the same Keychain data?  We share bank accounts and credit cards as well as other accounts that have critical passwords.  Using suggested strong passwords is really awkward if they can’t be stored immediately on a Keychain.Ejected Pro. I have read that a Keychain can only be linked to one Apple ID. Could one of us use 2 ID's on their devices. We have 3 computers that we share and 2 iPhones.

Mac mini, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 1:08 PM

Hello!

Unfortunately you can't make a group kind of thing to share the keychain data between people on iOS 16. But you can share 1 password at a time by using airdrop. That can be done by going into...

Settings > Passwords > *Select an saved password * > Tap the share icon at the top right > Tap the person to send to.

I hope this answers your question!

[Edited by Moderator] 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 1:08 PM in response to Bob1177

Hello!

Unfortunately you can't make a group kind of thing to share the keychain data between people on iOS 16. But you can share 1 password at a time by using airdrop. That can be done by going into...

Settings > Passwords > *Select an saved password * > Tap the share icon at the top right > Tap the person to send to.

I hope this answers your question!

[Edited by Moderator] 

Keychain sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.