Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

I can't seem to successfully restore iOS after forgetting passcode to my iPhone

I forgot my passcode and tried to restore from itunes when installing ios the error popup and my phone now stuch in loading screen tried to reconnect or force restart didn’t work get worried any help

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 5:46 PM

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2023 5:46 PM in response to Ayoosh2345

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, you can reset it without a computer; check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise you will need a computer:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

I can't seem to successfully restore iOS after forgetting passcode to my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.