Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In photos, move photos to a folder and not see under all photos?

Is there any way to move a photo to a folder and keep it there and not have it under all photos? For example, on my iPhone I have a whole bunch of photos that I need to keep but I dont want them clogging up my photos. I move these to a folder but they are still showing in my photos.

Posted on Aug 16, 2023 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2023 4:20 PM

That doesn’t change anything though. There is a way to organize our photos and not have every single photo we ever take remain in the main after we move it to an album.

All they have to do is display an option to continue to show it in both places or only in the album when we move it to the album.

It’s almost 2024, guarantee it can be done.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2023 4:20 PM in response to SravanKrA

That doesn’t change anything though. There is a way to organize our photos and not have every single photo we ever take remain in the main after we move it to an album.

All they have to do is display an option to continue to show it in both places or only in the album when we move it to the album.

It’s almost 2024, guarantee it can be done.

Dec 31, 2023 2:40 AM in response to KaeBFly

Well that would like moving your emails to folders but the mails actually stay in your inbox. That wouldn't be a great way to manage your mailbox, would it?

The aim of putting of pictures into folders is to keep you film roll (or inbox for mails) as small as possible for when you want to look for a picture. The aim is to have everything in a folder and nothing in the film roll because unlike with emails you cannot search for a picture using key words

Dec 17, 2023 4:15 PM in response to scottie-from-idle

I tried this, and I can no longer see the picture in the album, and there is no way to unhide it. 😵‍💫

When we put an image in an album we should be offered the option to move it completely, or keep a copy in the main photos.

my pictures are becoming ridiculously difficult to find even though I have them in albums because they’re duplicated.

Oct 9, 2023 4:39 PM in response to smussyolay

I’m not aware of any service that would provide what you want. The folders are so you can find organized pictures quickly but the main photo album would always house where ALL photos would exist. That’s only logical honestly. That is the whole point behind the ability to create folders…to organize and view quickly without having to scroll through all of your photos. And no, if you hide the photos they would not remain visible in a folder you put them in. They would only be visible in the Hidden album.

I guess one option could be to go to the album with all of the photos/videos and click on the 3 dots at the top of the page….click on Filter and change it to Favorites. Problem is that you would then have to mark every photo you don’t mind seeing there as a favorite…which could be a huge hassle if you have a large library. But other than that there isn’t an option to not see all photos/videos in the library in the area where all photos/ videos are supposed to be because it’s the library

Oct 9, 2023 4:42 PM in response to lakeisha90

The ability to create custom albums that hold only the photos/videos you want grouped together in that album IS an efficient solution for managing photos. It would be different if you couldn’t do that and all you had was the one album that shows your entire library. Not sure why that’s seen as not being a useful solution

In photos, move photos to a folder and not see under all photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.