You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why have apple placed a slide from the right web digit when reading emails?

When I read emails on my iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 model why have apple placed a slide from the right web mini page? This is driving me mad? If I want to open a web page I would open a full web page? Now one slides from the right? About 2 inches wide? You can’t see it properly like this anyway? But when I’m playing role games and want to scroll the window across the web page pops out each time and goes right over the part I want so I have to slide the web digit back out the window? ,…..please apple get rid of this widget mini web page it’s making life on the iPad insane? We don’t need it? …. Can it be disabled? I can’t find a way to disable it and it’s driving me mad? What a useless widget this is? If I wanted to open the web page from an email or anywhere else I would use the safari icon? How can I get rid of this so annoying widget? If we can’t do another update and get rid of it in that update? Worst thing ever! 🤬🤬

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 3:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 3:35 AM

You need to explore multitasking - as you have a slide-over view of Safari enabled.

Key to accessing and controlling multi-tasking is the small “three-dot” button that is found at the top-centre edge of each App Window. Tap the multitasking button at the top of the slide-over window to expose a menu - from which you can change the window view.

More information about using multi-tasking can be found in this support page:

Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information about using iPad and its many features. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2023 3:35 AM in response to herrline

You need to explore multitasking - as you have a slide-over view of Safari enabled.

Key to accessing and controlling multi-tasking is the small “three-dot” button that is found at the top-centre edge of each App Window. Tap the multitasking button at the top of the slide-over window to expose a menu - from which you can change the window view.

More information about using multi-tasking can be found in this support page:

Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information about using iPad and its many features. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Why have apple placed a slide from the right web digit when reading emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.