iPhone 14 Pro Focus issue with Video and Pictures

While taking videos the camera goes in and out of focus even if I’m not zooming. It’s very frustrating as I’m capturing some special moment and the video looses focus so it’s basically useless. As it looses focus I try to make it focus by selecting an object to focus on and sometimes it helps but others I have to stop the current video and start recording a new one. Has there been anything done about this? I have the latest update installed so I’m guessing no.

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2023 2:07 AM

None of the “advice” on this thread helps. I still struggle with the video camera’s random out of focus. It’s highly irritating! I truely regret upgrading to the iPhone 14.

11 replies

Aug 18, 2023 6:08 AM in response to Mimi-apple

Learn how to take photos with the Camera on your iPhone. Choose from camera modes such as Photo, Video, Cinematic, Pano, and Portrait, and zoom in or out to frame your shot.

Learn iPhone camera basics - Apple Support

Learn about Photographic Styles, QuickTake, Action mode, the Ultra Wide camera, and other camera features on your iPhone.

Understand About the Camera features on your iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

By default, iPhone takes photos in HDR (for the rear camera and the front camera) when it’s most effective. iPhone 12 models, iPhone 13 models, and iPhone 14 models, record video in HDR to capture true-to-life colour and contrast.

Take appropriate action to Adjust HDR camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

The camera modes built into your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch help you take the ideal photo or video. Swipe left or right on the camera screen to switch to a different mode. You can choose from photo, video, time-lapse, slo-mo, square, Portrait, and pano modes.

For this, you may Use camera modes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

With the Camera on models that support Portrait mode, you can apply a depth-of-field effect that keeps your subject—people, pets, objects, and more—sharp while creating a beautifully blurred foreground and background. You can apply and adjust different lighting effects to your Portrait mode photos, and on iPhone X and later, you can even take a selfie in Portrait mode.

Learn how to --> Take Portrait mode photos with your iPhone camera

Learn about advanced Camera features that let you capture photos faster, apply tailored and enhanced looks to your photos, and view content outside the camera frame.

Try to Change advanced camera settings on iPhone - Apple Support

Use the Camera to record videos and QuickTake videos on your iPhone. Learn how to change modes to take Cinematic, slow-motion, and time-lapse videos.

Here you can see an Apple Article with all video recording options --> Record videos with your iPhone camera - Apple Support

Taking tips from here may also help you. --> Tutorials | iPhone Photography School

Mar 14, 2024 4:05 PM in response to Mimi-apple

I thought the focus problem mentioned in this post was just me, but I found out yesterday my sister in law has same issue. It’s been happening for several months. I’ve spent hours adjusting camera settings and nothing has corrected the problem. It’s very frustrating. It’s basically useless when trying to record my kids ballgames.

iPhone 14 Pro Focus issue with Video and Pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.