Starting up in Music on Mac

I have a Mac using Catalina 10.15.7. Used to using iTunes. Now that it's not there, I went to try out Music app, but when I click on it to open, I get the bar across the top of the screen, but nothing else. Where is the bar down the side that everyone is talking about? I tried to look under every title at the top, but none of them opens up the sidebar with the library, songs, artists, etc. What am I missing?

Earlier displays & monitors

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 2:35 PM

When you open the Music app, you should see the main window, with the Music content similar to what iTunes used to look like:

If you are not seeing the window, check the Window menu and see if its not moved to another screen or display. Click on "Move Back to Mac" if that is the case.

If no "Move Back to Mac" option is there, right click on the Music item on the dock, then on Options, and then on "Desktop on Display 1" if its not already checked.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2023 2:35 PM in response to phmanatee

When you open the Music app, you should see the main window, with the Music content similar to what iTunes used to look like:

If you are not seeing the window, check the Window menu and see if its not moved to another screen or display. Click on "Move Back to Mac" if that is the case.

If no "Move Back to Mac" option is there, right click on the Music item on the dock, then on Options, and then on "Desktop on Display 1" if its not already checked.

Starting up in Music on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.