Location different on messages then on find my

Hi so this keeps happening to me my friend is sharing their location and when I look at it on Find My their location is a certain place but when I go to the Messages it shows their location in a different place the the one in find my ….why would this be? I wait for it to update and load and it still shows them in a different place

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 7, 2023 12:56 PM

People purposely use an email address as a contact so that they can avoid being tracked when they don’t want to be. All they have to do is log out of that email on that device and they stay in the location they logged out at. I’m not sure if the Emil has to be logged in on another device or not but I don’t think it does.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 7, 2023 12:56 PM in response to Coveytron

People purposely use an email address as a contact so that they can avoid being tracked when they don’t want to be. All they have to do is log out of that email on that device and they stay in the location they logged out at. I’m not sure if the Emil has to be logged in on another device or not but I don’t think it does.

Location different on messages then on find my

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.