When I add iCloud backup to my phone does it automatically sync with the other phone on my account?

I want to add more storage to both cell phones on my T-Mobile account

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2023 3:19 PM

Your question is very confusing.

• iCloud backup backs up one specific device. There is no sync involved. The backup can be restored in the event of a catastrophe or device replacement.
  • “Add more storage…” - an iPhone’s storage can never be increased. It can be conserved. How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support
  • ”both cell phones …” - hopefully each and every person has her/his own, unique Apple ID.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2023 3:19 PM in response to tab118

Your question is very confusing.

• iCloud backup backs up one specific device. There is no sync involved. The backup can be restored in the event of a catastrophe or device replacement.
  • “Add more storage…” - an iPhone’s storage can never be increased. It can be conserved. How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support
  • ”both cell phones …” - hopefully each and every person has her/his own, unique Apple ID.

When I add iCloud backup to my phone does it automatically sync with the other phone on my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.