Do all the phones sync to the same iCloud or does each phone sync independently of other phones on my account?

when I backup my phone to the iCloud will another person on my account have access to my information.

iPhone 8, iOS 16

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2023 3:05 PM

If you are sharing iCloud storage, Nobody will have access to your data and photos on iCloud, if you are using Family Sharing. Your data and photos remain private.

Family Sharing - Apple

Your entire family can share a single iCloud storage plan large enough to store everyone’s photos, videos, and files. Each person’s files and documents remain private, but it’s easy to see how much storage everyone is using. If you need more space, you can upgrade to a larger plan at any time.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 5, 2023 3:05 PM in response to Mchavez0824

If you are sharing iCloud storage, Nobody will have access to your data and photos on iCloud, if you are using Family Sharing. Your data and photos remain private.

Family Sharing - Apple

Your entire family can share a single iCloud storage plan large enough to store everyone’s photos, videos, and files. Each person’s files and documents remain private, but it’s easy to see how much storage everyone is using. If you need more space, you can upgrade to a larger plan at any time.

Do all the phones sync to the same iCloud or does each phone sync independently of other phones on my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.