Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Can’t delete a reoccurring invitation on iPhone calendar

I have an iPhone 14 max pro. I clicked on a bad link on Facebook messenger. I then started to receive a reoccurring invitation on my calendar that spans for years. It doesn’t give me an option to delete. Only to decline the message and when I click that, the only option is to save for one invitation or all. Then it does nothing. The invitation had about 500 other emails attached. Also everything is red. Please help!

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2023 3:23 AM

As above cannot stop repeated notification arriving in inbox for the same event even when accept or maybe or decline

4 replies

Aug 20, 2023 6:51 AM in response to LDub24

LDub24 wrote:

I have an iPhone 14 max pro. I clicked on a bad link on Facebook messenger. I then started to receive a reoccurring invitation on my calendar that spans for years. It doesn’t give me an option to delete. Only to decline the message and when I click that, the only option is to save for one invitation or all. Then it does nothing. The invitation had about 500 other emails attached. Also everything is red. Please help!

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

Dec 26, 2023 9:09 AM in response to LDub24

I've had the same issue. It looks like these get imported from other calendars, try this... go to Settings -> Calendar -> Accounts -> (you'll see iCloud and other accounts like gmail, or Outlook. For example, open the Outlook tab, go down to calendar, slide it over and it will give you the option to delete the calendar.

That's the only thing that seems to work, otherwise all the other options won't because you don't see the delete options at the bottom of the invitations.

There is likely a virus or some new issue in the Outlook or other email account that you are using. The odd thing is that if you look at that email on another device you won't see it on your calendar on that device so it must have been added by some junk email...

Can’t delete a reoccurring invitation on iPhone calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.