You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How clear "System Extension Blocked" message on MacMini startup?

On starting up my Mac Mini M1, 2020 running Ventura 13.5.1, the following message displays:

System Extension Blocked

A program tried to load new system extension(s) signed by "Legacy Developer: Hp". You can enable these extensions in Privacy & Security System Settings.

With the following options

OK

Open System Settings

I don't see what I need to do specifically to clear this. Earlier, someone cited an issue with fonts, but they weren't specific enough for me to see what I should do.

Any ideas how I can clear this somehow?

Thanks!

Bruce

Mac mini

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 3:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2024 11:40 AM

I no longer have an HP printer so I just deleted the hp extensions from the Library/Extensions folder which seemed to solve it.

17 replies

Mar 29, 2024 1:50 PM in response to bkengland2

I still have my HP printers which still work with each OS upgrade.

My nasty dialog "Blocked etc" shows every time I re-boot the Mac.

Thanks to a smart tech at Apple Support, went to Macintosh HD/Library/Extensions and moved all the "hp_" extensions to an external SSD just in case.

Rebooted and annoying "Blocked etc" dialog no longer is there. AND I then printed to my HP just a one-page document and still works!

PROBLEM SOLVED

How clear "System Extension Blocked" message on MacMini startup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.